Czech Rep. - Museum of the CZ Fortification - 1

Museum of the Czechoslovak Fortification - Hlučín Darkovičky - Ostrava - Czech Republic - World War II - Bunker - Military - European Tourist Guide - euro-t-guide.com
The Museum of the Czechoslovak Fortification is a unique presentation of the fortification system of the Czech Rep. which was created in 1935-1938. The fortification consists of infantry log No. MO-S 18, MO-S 19, MO-S 20 and with a light object LO Mk. 37A. Fortifications in the area are of vary in terms of both design and tactics/firing strategy and of different degrees of resistance. The area around Darkovičky was incorporated in the Silesian Museum in 1992; reconstruction of the fort area, however, has been conducted since 1980.
   
Hlučín-Darkovičky - Ostrava

The  MO-S 19 “Alej” is an independent infantry blockhouse, built in the III. degree of resistance - the thickness of the ceiling of 2.5 m. The building has two observation bells with mounted light machine gun Mk. 26 and the dome with twin heavy machine gun Mk. 37.

The MO-S 19 “Alej” is an independent infantry blockhouse, built in the III. degree of resistance - the thickness of the ceiling of 2.5 m. The building has two observation bells with mounted light machine gun Mk. 26 and the dome with twin heavy machine gun Mk. 37.
Click on image to see a larger picture

The MO-S 19 “Alej” independent infantry blockhouse.

The MO-S 19 “Alej” independent infantry blockhouse.
Click on image to see a larger picture

“Alej” is open to public and there are regular guided tours during the tourist season. Around this infantry blockhouse the surroundings have been remodeled to represent the year 1937. There is also a T 34 tank.

“Alej” is open to public and there are regular guided tours during the tourist season. Around this infantry blockhouse the surroundings have been remodeled to represent the year 1937. There is also a T 34 tank.
Click on image to see a larger picture


Info

It is recommend to visit the approx. 6.5 km long tourist trail which is marked with green colour. It is suitable for hiking and cycling. It leads from a separate infantry blockhouse No. MO-S 16 “The crossroad” around the light and heavy fortifications across the complex of the Fortification Museum in Hlučín-Darkovičky and ends at the No. MO-S 24 "Signal". Along the route is possible to see different structural design of buildings to capture the development of fortification.
 


Photo: Mr. Tomas Holzer (Czech Republic) - 2010

Mr. Tomas Holzer has given euro-t-guide.com
permission to use these pictures via his cousin Michael Doležal.